Preparing for Winter – Campus Alerts
With stormy weather currently taking place and the time of year when snow and ice can appear not far off, it’s a good time to review Clover Park Technical College’s closure alert resources, as well as some winter driving tips. Here are some helpful tools to help you prepare for the winter weather and how to stay up-to-date on alerts from CPTC:
CPTC School Closure Alerts
- Sign up for our emergency alert system athttps://services.cptc.edu/EmergencyNotify and receive text message alerts if CPTC is closed or has a late start.
- Call 253-589-5707 for CPTC’s updated inclement weather message, including school closures or late starts.
- Visit CPTC’s homepage at www.cptc.edu and look for a school closure report in a banner located at the top of the page.
- Check Facebook and Twitter regularly for school closure updates.
- Check flashalert.net for updates on CPTC closures. You can also subscribe to receive email alerts regarding future CPTC closures.
Pierce County Transit Snow Routes
- If you take public transit to school, make sure to visit www.piercetransit.org to check if your bus is running its normal route, or if it’s using an alternate snow route.
WSDOT Winter Driving Alerts
- For winter driving tips, weather alerts and traffic advisories, visit Washington State Department of Transportation’s website at www.wsdot.wa.gov, or tune into your local highway advisory radio station.
- Follow WSDOT on social media for traffic reports and winter travel information.
WSDOT Winter Driving Tips
- Studded tires are legal from Nov. 1 to March 31.
- Drive for conditions — slower speeds, slower acceleration. Allow extra time to reach your destination in inclement weather.
- Use your headlights.
- Do not use cruise control.
- Leave extra room between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.