Give Your Employees a Boost with Customized Training Programs

Pool of $70,585 Allows Employers to Take Advantage of B&O Tax Credits

Take advantage of the Washington State B&O Tax Credit and upskill your employees. As of June 1st, approximately $70,585 is available in the revolving Customized Training Program (CTP) fund to use for your business for employee training and upskilling. The CTP was created by the Washington State Legislature to provide employee training funding assistance to businesses that pay B&O taxes and provide employment opportunities in Washington.

Under the Customized Training Program, the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) pays the costs upfront for customized training to your training provider–CPTC Corporate Education. We develop and deliver the training programs you need with your goals in mind, or we can use a qualified provider of your choice.

Funding can be used to cover the costs of:

  • Basic education and skills training, including ESL.
  • Business soft skills, including teambuilding, supervision, leadership and management.
  • Technical/Industrial skills and other job-related instruction.
  • Skills and team assessments and evaluations.
  • Training equipment, materials, facilities and supplies may be included.

After training is completed, the business will repay the costs to the SBCTC, interest-free. The first payment will be equal to 25% of the full cost of the training program and is due upon completion of the training. The remaining 75% is spread over the next 18 months. As each payment is made, the business may take a state B&O tax credit equal to 50% of the payment. Thus, the total tax credit will be equal to 50% of the full cost of the training program.  In effect, it’s a 50% refund!

Who can apply for a Customized Training Program?

  • Located or newly relocating business
  • A WA State Business and Occupation (B&O) Taxpayer
  • Willing to form an agreement with a qualified training institution for customized training (CPTC Corporate Education is your local qualified provider).

What trainings does Corporate Education offer?

Below are a few examples of the diverse programs Corporate Education offers:

  • Industrial and technical skills.
  • Leadership and management development.
  • Communication and soft skills.
  • Diversity, equity and inclusion.
  • Process improvement.
  • Project management.
  • Team building.

And it’s all delivered by a team that includes:

  • Industry experts who understand organizational complexities and needs
  • Certified providers of industry-recognized assessments, tools and evaluations
  • Professionals who understand that adult-learning is a process, not an event
Customized training allows flexibility to any business needs
Martha Hale Measuring Students Welding work.

Training is delivered in a variety of ways, including instructor-led courses offered on the CPTC campus or at your location; hybrid learning that blends virtual and in-person instruction; or via a self-paced learning model.

Flexibility, convenience and affordability are central to what Corporate Education offers. When it comes to workforce learning and development, one size doesn’t fit all. Every organization is unique, and so are its training needs.

Current CTP References:

  • Urban Accessories – Strategic Planning and Leading Plant Layout trainings
  • JM Smucker – Fluid/ Hydraulics, Basic Mechanics, Electronics/ PLC, and Train the Trainer trainings.
  • True Linkswear – ERP Implementation, Communication, and Leadership trainings.
  • KPG Psomas – Emotional Intelligence, Project Management, DiSC Assessments, and Managing Hybrid Teams trainings