CPTC Hosts 2014 SkillsUSA Regional Automotive Competition
On Feb. 1, 2014, Clover Park Technical College hosted the 2014 Skills USA South Puget Sound Regional Automotive Competition. The competition on Saturday was a regional event with more than 50 automotive students from Auburn High School, Bates Technical High School, Kentridge High School, Pierce County Skills Center, Puyallup High School and Sumner High School.
Students competed to earn spots in the state competition in two separate divisions, Automotive Service (for advanced students) and Automotive Maintenance (for first-year students). Students were asked to complete a series of timed service stations that were scored by CPTC volunteer students and faculty, including instructors Wayne Bridges, Gary Covington, Dave Brown and Robert Offdahl.
The winning students from each division are:
- 1st Place - Kyle McMichael, Kentridge High School
- 2nd Place - Jde Bateman, Pierce County Skills Center
- 3rd Place - Bailey Mason, Sumner High School
- 1st Place - Stephan Miller, Puyallup High School
- 2nd Place - Tanner Zeiler, Kentridge High School
- 3rd Place - Zane Swanson, Pierce County Skills Center